What do you think is the basic requirement to have an amazing barbecue experience? Well, we think the foremost thing you need for it is a good grill. With the time though, choosing a good grill is difficult. As there have been a lot of options nowadays. And one such brand which has been a crowd favourite since long is Weber. Weberâ€™s first grill came into existence in 1952. When George Stephen Sr. made a grill out of one half of a marine buoy. And the Weber steel company became the manufacturer of grills.
Throughout the years, a lot of innovations and additions have been made to the grills. And the brand has exceeded our expectations, especially in bigger heavy duty options. Two such series in the brand are Weber Genesis and Summit. Both these have had a history of making large grills. Although previously we always went for Summit if we wanted a big grill, Genesis has surely been a significant newcomer. And to make these things clear for you, we brought this segment of Weber Genesis vs Summit.
Weber Genesis vs Summit
Further, you will see the specific features of the models. And we are sure you will choose between the two.
Features of Weber Genesis
These are the features you might consider when you buy a Weber Genesis. Also, make sure that you always go for the second generation of Genesis. As it has new and improved versions.
- This series has the special GS4 grilling system. And the first feature in it is the Upgraded E2i Ignitors. These help in starting the grill quickly with a consistent and equal heat distribution.
- Another feature in the system are the high performance intuitive burners, which are stainless steel.
- Then there are the flavorizer bars for added flavors and also prevents the flare-ups.
- And the grease management system has channels which funnels out the grease into the dispensing tray.
- iGrill3 technology of the grill makes it compatible with your smartphone. So that you donâ€™t have to be present around the grill all the time. And you get alerts on your phone itself when your food is done.
- With the main cooking space, it comes with a side burner and a sear station.
- And these grills have a 10 year warranty which covers irregular damage and malfunction. But not normal everyday wear and tear.
Features of Weber Summit
Here we have some specific features of the Weber Summit. So that you know what you are getting into when you buy a grill of the series.
- All the parts in the models of this series usually are heavy duty stainless steel that increases its longevity. And you will do not need to worry about replacing any part at intervals.
- Also, this series mandatorily has stainless steel cooking grates. And as a result they are corrosion resistant and very durable.
- Another unique feature of these grills is the snap jet igniters. This means that you have individual control over every burner.
- Also, there are flavorizer bars which help in adding to the flavour of the food.
- And this series is also iGrill3 compatible which makes grilling easy.
- Apart from the main cooking space, there are other features too. As it has a sear station with rapid sear technology and a side burner which is powerful. Also, these grills have an additional rotisserie station.
- Lastly, the grills have a 10 year Weber warranty on damage and malfunction. This does not include day-to-day wear and tear.
Difference between Weber Genesis and Summit
These are the basic differences between Weber Genesis and Summit:
- First difference between the models is the price. Although exhibiting some top end performance, the Genesis falls in a mid-range category. Whereas the Summit is actually top end with a premium price tag.
- All the Summit models are completely made of heavy duty stainless steel. On the other hand, the Genesis models are not always made of stainless steel.
- Another difference we see is in the cooking grates of the models. While all Summit models have stainless steel grates, the Genesis has cast iron.
- Also, the Summit models have an extra feature of rotisserie stations which is missing in the Genesis.
- The Genesis has the special GS4 grilling system of the brand which isnâ€™t there in the Summit. But the Summit also has the snap jet igniters.
Weber 61011001 Genesis II E-310
Why we love it:
- This gas grill works with the help of liquid propane gas.
- And it also has the special GS4 grilling system of the brand.
- Then there is the built-in fuel gauge. And this gauge lets you know much fuel is there in the tank.
- Moreover, there are porcelain-enameled iron cooking grates. So that it can retain the maximum amount of heat.
The Weber 61011001 is one of the best Weber Genesis gas grills. And also this unit requires a liquid propane tank. But it also has a natural gas alternative.
First, this Weber grill has the brandâ€™s special GS4 grilling system. So this GS4 implies the four primary features. And the first primary feature is the Upgraded E2i Ignitors. These can help you turn on, adjust the heat and tune in the temperature of the entire grill. Also, they give us the second feature, the 3 stainless steel high-performance burners. So these exhibit great durability.
The next feature is the flavorizer bars in the grills, which add the extra smoky flavor to your meat. Finally, the fourth primary element is the grease management system of the grill. And they come with channels that funnel out the grease into the dispensing tray for easy cleanup. Apart from all that, there is a good cooking space of 669 sq. inches, including the warming rack. Also, there are side shelves where you can assemble or use for prep.
Also, there are cast-iron porcelain-enameled cooking grates in the grill. And they help in equal heat distribution and retention. Next, there is the built-in fuel gauge. So this gauge helps you in knowing the level of fuel in the tank. Lastly, this grill is compatible with iGrill3 technology. With the help of this technology, you can hook it up to your smartphone. And know when the meat is perfectly cooked along with the temperature.[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]GS4 grilling system
Good cooking space
Built-in fuel gauge
Compatible with iGrill 3 technology[/i2pros][i2cons]Porcelain enamel can peel off
This grill will be a significant addition to your home. Also, if you like socializing and hosting parties, you can use this. And this has both alternatives of liquid propane and natural gas. So we recommend you go for this, if you have the money.
Weber 7170001 Summit S-470
Why we love it:
- This gas grill is a propane gas unit.
- And this grill has a Snap-Jet ignition system.
- Apart from the main cooking space, this grill has a sear station, side burner, smoke box and a rotisserie burner.
- Also, the stainless steel cooking grates are made of stainless steel.
The Weber 7170001 is one of the best gas grills in the Weber Summit series.
Firstly, this grill has four stainless steel burners with a Snap-Jet Ignition System. So this system lets you have individual control over each burner. So that you can choose the burner you want to light, which makes it ideal for indirect cooking.
Then there are the stainless steel grates which are inherent to the series. So it just adds on to the longevity of the grill. Also, almost all the parts of the grill are stainless steel which makes it durable. And there are also stainless steel Flavorizer bars to add more flavor to your meat.
Apart from the main cooking area, there are other added features too. Like the sear station and side burners, which work exceptionally well for the meat. Additionally, it has a smoker burner which works very well. And even a tuck away rotisserie burner at the back which is pretty powerful.
Moreover, the whole design of the grill is as an enclosed cart which gives it a visual appeal. And other additional features like a built-in thermometer, two heavy duty front-locking casters and two swivel casters. These casters help in an effortless movement of the grill.[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Snap-Jet Ignition System
Stainless steel grates
Front-locking and Swivel casters[/i2pros][i2cons]Storing it can be an issue
If you are a grill connoisseur, this will be a splendid piece for you. Although it seems expensive, the performance crosses all the bars. And it is best for experts on grill who love the added and upgraded features.
- 4 Best Built-In Gas Grills
- 7 Best Meat Grinders for Deer
- 12 Best Meat Grinders 2021 [Expert’s Choice]
- 10 Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
- 5 Best Pellet Grill for Searing
- Best Pellet Smokers under 500 Reviews
- Best Vertical Pellet Grill Smoker Reviews
- 8 Best Gas Grills under $500 – Buyer’s Guide
- 8 Best Gas Grills under $200
- 4 Best Electric Smoker under $200
With this we end our discussion on Weber genesis vs Summit. And we hope that we have helped you in reaching a conclusion. No doubt both the seriesâ€™ have their own specific feature and are top end. But you must choose one according to your needs.
For more information on gas grills, check our article on the best gas grills under $1000.
Visit our website Cookinggearlab for more insight on kitchen and cooking gadgets,