Looking for the perfect gas grill that won’t burn a hole in your wallet? As someone who loves grilling outdoors, I know the struggle of finding a reliable and affordable gas grill.
That’s why I’m excited to share with you my top picks for the best gas grills under $200. From portable options to small gas grills perfect for apartment balconies, there’s something for every budget and need.
I’ve researched and tested various models to bring you the most reliable and efficient options available. So, let’s fire up the grill and get ready to cook up some delicious meals without breaking the bank!
8 Best Gas Grills under $200
|1.||Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill||Check Price|
|2.||Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill||Check Price|
|3.||Blackstone Tabletop Grill – 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle||Check Price|
|4.||Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill||Check Price|
|5.||Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill||Check Price|
|6.||Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle||Check Price|
|7.||Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill||Check Price|
|8.||Char-Broil 463673519 Performance Series 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill||Check Price|
1. Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Dimensions: 24.1″ D x 51.2″ W x 43.5″ H
- Weight: 80 lbs
- Cooking Space: 360 square inches over porcelain-coated grates
- Warming Rack: 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack
- Burners: Three stainless steel in-line burners
- Side Burner: 8,000 BTU side burner
Are you searching for an affordable gas grill that doesn’t compromise on performance? The Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Gas Grill is a great option for anyone looking to elevate their grilling game without breaking the bank.
This grill is a standout among the best gas grills under $200 with its durable construction, ample cooking space, and impressive heating power.
One of the key features of this grill is its three stainless steel in-line burners, which provide 30,000 BTUs of heat. This makes it possible to cook a variety of foods at different temperatures, allowing for precise control over your cooking.
The porcelain-coated grates also help disperse heat, ensuring that your food cooks evenly and comes out perfectly every time.
The Char-Broil Classic 360 also comes with a convenient side burner that provides an additional 8,000 BTUs of heat. This is perfect for cooking sides, sauces, or anything else you may need while grilling.
The 170-square-inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack is another prominent feature, providing plenty of space to keep food warm while you finish cooking the rest of your meal.
One thing to note is that this grill requires some assembly, which may take some time and effort. Some users have reported issues with the ignition system, which can be difficult to start and may require some troubleshooting.
Overall, the Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Gas Grill is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality gas grill under $200. Its impressive heating power, ample cooking space, and durable construction make it a standout option in its price range.
- Ample cooking space
- Three stainless steel in-line burners
- Porcelain-coated grates for even heating
- Convenient side burner
- Durable construction
- Assembly required
- Ignition system may be finicky
2. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- Grilling Area: 145 square inches
- Burner: 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner
- Weight: 13.5 pounds
- Material: Porcelain-enameled grate with aluminum legs and stabilizing feet
- Cooking Capacity: 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish
- Additional Features: Integrated lid lock, foldaway legs, and pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle
Are you a fan of outdoor grilling but don’t have enough space for a large gas grill? The Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill might just be the solution you need.
This grill is lightweight and compact, making it perfect for those with limited outdoor space or who love to travel.
One of the best things about the Cuisinart CGG-180T is its powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner, which heats the grill quickly and evenly. This, coupled with its even-heating porcelain-enameled grate, ensures that your food cooks perfectly every time.
Another standout feature of this grill is its foldaway legs and pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle, which make it easy to transport and store. The integrated lid lock also keeps the lid secure, preventing any accidental spills while you’re on the move.
However, there are some downsides to consider. With a cooking area of 145 square inches, the grill is not as spacious as some other options on the market.
This means that it might not be suitable for larger families or those who love to entertain. While the aluminum legs and stabilizing feet are sturdy, they may not be as durable as those made of steel.
- Portable design
- Powerful burner for quick and even cooking
- Foldaway legs and carrying handle for easy transport and storage
- Small cooking area may not be suitable for larger families
- Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet may not be as durable as steel ones.
The Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill is a brilliant choice for those who value portability and convenience.
Its powerful burner, even-heating grate, and easy-to-transport design make it a solid option for those who want to enjoy outdoor grilling without sacrificing space or convenience.
3. Blackstone Tabletop Grill – 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle
- Heat Output: 24,000 BTUs
- Cooking Surface: 361 sq. inches
- Burners: 2 H-style burners
- Heat Controls: 2 adjustable heat controls with built-in igniters
- Construction: Rolled carbon steel griddle top, adjustable-height rubber feet
- Fuel Type: 1 lb. propane bottle (not included) or 20 lb. propane tank with adapter (not included)
Are you a fan of outdoor grilling but limited on space? The Blackstone Tabletop Grill – Portable Gas Griddle might just be the perfect solution for you.
With 24,000 BTUs of heat output from two H-style burners, this grill provides ample heat to cook a variety of foods. The 361 sq. inch heavy-duty cooking surface allows you to cook for a small group of people, making it a great option for camping, tailgating, or a small outdoor gathering.
One of the best features of this grill is its adjustable heat controls with built-in igniters. This allows you to have complete control over the temperature of your grill and makes starting it up a breeze.
The integrated grease management system helps to make cleaning up after your grilling session a lot easier.
The Blackstone Tabletop Grill is also built to last. The rolled carbon steel griddle top ensures durability and even heat distribution. The adjustable-height rubber feet provide stability on uneven surfaces, making it a great option for outdoor use.
Overall, the Blackstone Tabletop Grill – Portable Gas Griddle is a great value for its price point and is perfect for those who are limited on space or looking for a portable option.
However, one downside is that it can only use a 1 lb. propane bottle, which may not last for extended periods of grilling. Some users have reported difficulty with assembly.
- Even heat distribution
- Adjustable heat controls
- Integrated grease management system
- Durable construction
- Can only use 1 lb. propane bottle
- Some users report difficulty with assembly.
4. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- Fuel Type: Liquid Propane
- Cooking Grates: Porcelain-enameled cast-iron
- Ignition: Push-button
- Design: Compact and portable
- Cooking Area: 189 square inches
- Weight: 27 lbs.
The Weber Q1000 Portable Gas Grill is an excellent option for those looking for a compact and easy-to-use grill that is perfect for on-the-go grilling. With a porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grate and 8,500 BTUs of power, this grill heats quickly and cooks food evenly.
One of the best things about this grill is its size. It’s compact and lightweight, making it easy to take with you on camping trips, picnics, or to a friend’s house. It’s also easy to store in small spaces when not in use.
The removable catch pan makes cleaning up a breeze, so you can spend more time enjoying your food and less time cleaning up.
The push-button ignition system makes starting the grill quick and easy. Simply turn on the gas and push the button, and you’re ready to cook. The grill also features a built-in thermometer, so you can easily monitor the temperature of your food without having to open the lid.
One downside of this grill is its size. While it’s perfect for small families or couples, it may not be ideal for larger groups or gatherings. Some users have reported that the grill can be difficult to assemble, so be prepared to spend some time putting it together.
- Compact and portable design
- Easy to clean with a removable catch pan
- Push-button ignition for easy startup
- Built-in thermometer for precise temperature control
- Comes with a bundle including a BBQ tool set and oven mitts
- The small cooking areas may not be suitable for larger groups
- Assembly can be difficult for some users
5. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
Here are the specifications for the Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Gas Grill:
|Heat Output||40,800 BTUs|
|Cooking Area||630 square inches|
|Burners||3 independent burners with control knobs|
|Side Burner||12,000 BTUs|
|Cooking Grates||Porcelain-coated cast iron|
|Construction||Tubular steel with dual smokestacks|
If you’re in the market for a premium propane grill under $200, the Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro is definitely worth considering. With a total heat output of 40,800 BTUs and three independent burners, this grill provides consistent and even heat across the entire cooking surface.
One of the best features of this grill is its large cooking area, which measures 630 square inches with 438 square inches of grilling space and a 192 square inch warming rack. The porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates are also a delicate touch, as they keep heat well and are easy to clean.
The side burner, which outputs 12,000 BTUs, is a convenient addition for preparing side dishes or sauces. The grill also features a side workstation with tool hooks, making it easy to keep your grilling utensils organized and within reach.
The Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro is built to last, with tubular steel construction and dual smokestacks for better ventilation. The stainless steel thermometer is a useful tool for monitoring the internal temperature of your grill, and the removable grease cup makes clean-up a breeze.
One thing to note is that the assembly process for this grill can be a bit time-consuming, so be prepared to spend some time putting it together. Some users have reported that the grill may not heat as evenly as advertised, although this seems to be a minority opinion.
Overall, the Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro is a splendid choice for anyone looking for a high-quality propane grill under $200. Its large cooking area, consistent heat output, and durable construction make it a solid investment for any backyard barbecue enthusiast.
- Large cooking area with warming rack
- Consistent and even heat across the entire cooking surface
- Durable tubular steel construction with dual smokestacks
- Side burner and side workstation with tool hooks
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates are easy to clean
- Stainless steel thermometer for monitoring internal temperature
- Assembly process can be time-consuming
- Some users report uneven heating
6. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle
- Three adjustable burners with 9,000 BTU each
- Detachable porcelain enameled flat top with 316 sq. in. cooking area
- Piezo ignition system for easy start-up
- Removable oil cup for easy cleaning
- Regulator for 20 lb. tank included
- Portable design for outdoor use
The Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable Propane Gas Grill Griddle is a great option for outdoor cooking and is among the best gas grills under $200. This grill offers three separately controlled burners with 9,000 BTUs each, providing 27,000 BTUs of cooking power. This allows for even heat distribution and fast cooking.
The detachable porcelain enameled flat top offers 316 square inches of cooking area, which is more than enough space to cook for a small family or a group of friends. The surface is thick, measuring 3.5 mm, and can handle up to 15 patties at once.
The piezo ignition system is on the durable stainless steel control panel, making start-up a breeze. The removable oil cup is a prominent feature as it collects grease residue while cooking, making it easy to clean up after use.
The Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable Propane Gas Grill Griddle is a perfect size for outdoor use and comes with a regulator for a 20 lb. tank. It is small enough to fit for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
- Three adjustable burners with even heat distribution
- Detachable porcelain enameled flat top with a large cooking area
- Piezo ignition system for easy start-up
- Removable oil cup for easy cleaning
- Portable design for outdoor use
- May not be suitable for cooking for larger groups
- No built-in thermometer
- Some users reported issues with the regulator
7. Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill
If you’re searching for a portable propane grill that is perfect for outdoor adventures, then the Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill is definitely worth considering.
This grill is packed with features that make it an excellent choice for camping, tailgating, or backyard cookouts. In this review, we’ll inspect the features of the Coleman RoadTrip 285 and evaluate its performance.
|Grilling Power||Up to 20,000 total BTUs|
|Adjustable Burners||3 with improved burner technology|
|Grilling Area||285 sq. inches|
|Setup||Sturdy quick-fold legs and wheels|
|Thermometer||Integrated design for accurate temperature monitoring|
|Ignition||Push-button for matchless lighting|
|Fuel||1 16.4 oz. propane cylinder (sold separately)|
|Warranty||3-Year Limited Warranty|
The Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill comes with 3 adjustable burners that can deliver up to 20,000 BTUs of heat.
These burners have improved burner technology that allows for more precise temperature control, making it easier to cook your food exactly the way you want it. The grill also has a large grilling area of 285 square inches, which provides enough space to cook for a group of people.
Setting up the grill is a breeze, thanks to the sturdy quick-fold legs and wheels that allow for easy transport. The integrated thermometer is another pleasant touch, allowing you to monitor the temperature of your food without having to open the lid.
The push-button ignition is another convenient feature that makes lighting the grill quick and easy.
One of the standout features of the Coleman RoadTrip 285 is its portability. The quick-fold legs and wheels make it easy to transport, and the grill can be set up in a matter of minutes. The three adjustable burners provide plenty of cooking power, and the large grilling area makes it easy to cook for a group of people.
Another positive aspect of this grill is its build quality. It feels sturdy and well-built, and the integrated thermometer and push-button ignition are both pleasant touches that add to the overall user experience.
One potential downside of the Coleman RoadTrip 285 is its fuel source. It requires a 16.4 oz. propane cylinder, which may not be convenient for some users. Also, it is a bit on the expensive side for a portable grill, which may put it out of reach for some budget-conscious shoppers.
- Portable and easy to transport
- Three adjustable burners provide plenty of cooking power
- Large grilling area makes it easy to cook for a group of people
- Sturdy build quality and convenient features like the integrated thermometer and push-button ignition
- 3-year limited warranty provides peace of mind
- Fuel source may not be convenient for some users
- A bit on the expensive side for a portable grill
Overall, the Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill is a superb choice for anyone in need of a portable grill that can handle cooking for a group of people. Its sturdy build quality, convenient features, and excellent performance make it well worth the investment.
8. Char-Broil 463673519 Performance Series 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 2 burners with 24,000 BTUs of cooking power
- 300 square inches of primary cooking area on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC with lid-mounted temperature gauge for heat control
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups
- Metal side shelves that fold down when not in use
- Accessible storage cabinet to store propane tank and accessories
- 4 casters for mobility and stability
If you’re in the market for a gas grill under $200, the Char-Broil Performance 2-Burner Cabinet Propane Gas Grill is definitely worth considering. This grill offers an impressive amount of cooking power with 24,000 BTUs from its two burners.
The porcelain-coated cast iron grates provide excellent heat retention and are easy to clean.
The stainless steel lid and UFC give the grill a sleek and stylish look, and the lid-mounted temperature gauge is a nice touch for those who like to keep a close eye on the temperature. The electronic ignition is also a convenient feature that ensures fast and reliable startups.
One of the standout features of this grill is the accessible storage cabinet, which provides ample space to store your propane tank and accessories.
The metal side shelves are also a delicate touch, providing extra space for prep work and cooking utensils. When not in use, the side shelves fold down to save space.
To cook area, this grill offers 300 square inches of primary cooking area and an additional 100 square inches on the swing-away rack. This should be more than enough space to cook for a small to the medium-sized group.
As far as negatives, the assembly required may be a turnoff for some people. Some users have reported that the grill can be difficult to clean because of the small holes in the burner tubes.
- 24,000 BTUs of cooking power
- Porcelain-coated cast iron grates for excellent heat retention
- Sleek and stylish stainless steel design
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups
- Accessible storage cabinet for propane tank and accessories
- Metal side shelves that fold down for easy storage
- Assembly required
- Some users have reported difficulty in cleaning because of small holes in burner tubes
How to Choose Best Budget Gas grill under $200
Are you on the lookout for a gas grill that fits your budget but doesn’t compromise on quality and performance? Look no further than the Best Gas Grills Under $200. Gas grills are a great investment for outdoor cooking and hosting events.
They are easy to use, quick to heat up, and offer consistent heat for perfect grilling. In this buying guide, we will help you choose the best gas grill under $200 that suits your needs and budget.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing the best gas grill under $200:
- Cooking Area: Consider the size of your family or the number of guests you usually host. If you cook for a large group of people, choose a grill with a larger cooking area. Look for a cooking area of at least 200 square inches.
- Burners: Look for a gas grill with at least two burners for more cooking flexibility. You can control each burner’s temperature separately and cook different dishes at different temperatures. It also ensures even cooking and reduces hot spots.
- Material Quality: Look for a grill made with durable and high-quality materials. Stainless steel is a popular choice for gas grills, as it is durable, rust-resistant, and easy to clean. Cast iron cooking grates offer excellent heat retention and searing capabilities.
- Portability: If you are planning to use the grill outdoors or for camping, look for a portable gas grill with wheels and a compact design. You can easily move it around and store it when not in use.
- Price: Set your budget and look for a gas grill that offers the best value for your money. Some gas grills come with additional features such as side burners, warming racks, and built-in thermometers, but they may cost more.
Based on the above factors, we recommend the following gas grills under $200:
- Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle: This grill is ideal for camping and outdoor events, with a portable design and 316 square inches of cooking area. It features three adjustable burners, a piezo ignition system, and a removable oil cup for easy cleaning.
- Char-Broil 463673519 Performance Series 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill: This grill is perfect for small families or gatherings, with 300 square inches of primary cooking area and two burners. It features a stainless steel lid and UFC, electronic ignition, and a storage cabinet for accessories.
Choosing the best gas grill under $200 requires careful consideration of your needs and budget. Look for a grill with a suitable cooking area, burners, material quality, portability, and price. We hope this buying guide helps you choose the best gas grill for your outdoor cooking needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of cooking surface should I look for in a gas grill under $200?
Look for a cooking surface made of materials such as porcelain-coated cast iron or stainless steel, as they offer even heat distribution and are easy to clean. A cooking surface with a non-stick coating is also a plus, as it prevents food from sticking and makes cleaning up a breeze.
Can a gas grill under $200 still have features like a built-in thermometer and electronic ignition?
Yes, many gas grills under $200 offer features like a built-in thermometer and electronic ignition. While they may not have all the bells and whistles of a more expensive grill, they can still offer convenience and precision in your grilling experience.
How many burners should a gas grill under $200 have?
A gas grill under $200 can have anywhere from one to four burners, but two or three burners are the most common. Two burners are great for small families or intimate gatherings, while three burners offer more versatility and space for larger groups.
Can a gas grill under $200 be portable?
Yes, many gas grills under $200 are designed with portability in mind, featuring lightweight construction and wheels for easy maneuverability. Some even come with foldable legs or a compact design, making them perfect for camping, tailgating, or picnics.
How long can I expect a gas grill under $200 to last?
The lifespan of a gas grill under $200 can vary depending on factors such as frequency of use and maintenance. With proper care, a gas grill under $200 can last several years, making it a brilliant investment for those on a budget who still want to enjoy the convenience of a gas grill.
After researching and writing about the best gas grills under $200, I’ve learned that you don’t have to break the bank to enjoy delicious grilled food. These grills may be affordable, but they still offer impressive features such as adjustable burners, large grilling areas, and sturdy construction.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced griller, these grills can provide a great cooking experience for your family and friends. Just be sure to consider your needs and preferences when choosing a grill.
Do you need a portable grill for camping trips, or do you want a larger grill for backyard gatherings? With so many options available, finding the perfect grill for your budget has never been easier.